Cloud Software Services Consultant
We are looking for a Cloud Software Services Consultant to join the IBM Cloud Software Adoption services team.
In this role, you will be engaged in application development as well as complex problem determination with a number of IBM, open-source and other emerging technologies. The candidate has one or more of these skills:
- Expertise in technologies related to packaging and deploying Cloud Native applications such as containerization (e.g. Docker), Kubernetes and modern CI/CD & DevOps concerns in general.
- IBM services and technologies such as IBM Watson cognitive and data science services like Watson Studio, Watson NLU, Watson Discovery...
- Database technologies (SQL & NoSQL) such as Cloudant, MongoDB, Db2
The ideal candidate will have exposure to IBM technologies/products and have strong development, communication & customer facing skills.
Candidates will work with both IBM Internal Application Development & Client facing (Garage) teams where we are looked upon as bringing deep technical expertise across the IBM Cloud Development product set.
We are looking for Candidates who are able to work independently & directly with Client Teams, are good problem solvers, & quick learners.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related)
- Applied Knowledge of Software Development
- Experience with front end web frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, etc...)
- Experience with NodeJS and/or Java server-side development, creating APIs and business logic
- Source Control Management experience with Git (i.e. GitHub) or Rational Team Concert
- Applied Agile development practices: Scrum, Devops, continuous integration, continuous testing, iterative development etc.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work directly with clients/customers
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with IBM Garage Method (& Design Thinking).
- General knowledge about: Spring Boot, JavaEE, Liberty Profile, Native iOS development with Swift, Cloud native architecture and development, DevOps (Jenkins, Travis CI, Docker, Kubernetes).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top