Cloud Software Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ready to grow your career in the cloud? Like the feeling that you are making a difference?
This is your chance to be an integral part of a dynamic team of talented professionals developing and deploying innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based software.
While at IBM, you'll draw upon your technical skill set and make important contributions to our popular Business Analytics cloud offerings, collaborating daily in an agile development environment with an extended team of experienced cloud engineers.
The Cloud Software Engineer is a key role in the growing and dynamic IBM Business Analytics organization. This technical role is focused on developing and deploying cloud applications, automating wide ranges of operational tasks, problem-solving, and interfacing with product management, development teams' company-wide, and end users, to solve complex problems.
You will be part of a strong, modern team culture driven to create world-class development and deployment environments, delivering an industry leading user experience for our customers. Working out of a modern office in the heart of the city, you will be valued for your contributions in a rapidly growing organization with dynamic opportunities. Each day, you will attend daily team scrums and project meetings to make important contributions in the development and architecture of automated solutions to continue building and optimizing our cloud and deployment infrastructure.
Your passion for problem solving and automation will have an immediate impact on our IBM Cloud offerings and you will have a true (and rewarding) taste of what it takes to deliver an industry-leading Software as a Solution offering.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing crisp dashboards providing live data on availability, performance and system health across the Business Analytics organization
- Identifying opportunities for automation, and implementing solutions that reduce toil, potentially utilizing various languages as applicable, such as: Python, PowerShell, Perl, Bash and more
- Developing best-in-class deployment technology to balance velocity and reliability in the delivery of our Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings
- Documenting and sharing your experience, mentoring others
- Confident development skills supported by applied experience
- Understanding of microservices architecture and modern programming practices
- Experience developing software in the context of a modern CI/CD framework
- Natural drive and proven ability automating various complex tasks
- Ability to propose, design, and develop solutions that scale
- Motivation to eliminate toil through automation
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Keen troubleshooting skills
- Practiced agile development methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience developing web applications, and using related development tools and techniques
- At least 2 years of experience following an Agile development process
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A desire to create remarkable products
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Additional Scripting languages (Ruby, PERL, PowerShell, Bash)
- Production Engineering / Operations experience
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Rundeck)
- Virtualization and Container orchestration (Xen, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, QRadar, New Relic, Prometheus)
- Continuous Integration platforms (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI)
- NoSQL databases, key-stores and other data-structure solutions (MongoDB, Redis)
- Virtual application and web servers (Apache, NGINX, WebSphere, IIS)
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top