Cloud Security Architect
- Bangalore, India
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are
IBM Cloud security architects are experts at taking challenging security and compliance demands and translating them into systems, processes, requirements or enhancements to IBM platforms that allow security engineers and developers to build robust and security services for IBM customers.
The IBM Cloud is built upon agile development methodologies and DevOps practices. As such our security architects are required to lead the way in SecDevOps best practice, developing security mechanisms and automation that provides developers with systems to quickly identify and report on potential security issues throughout the software development lifecycle.
What you will do
Security architects understand strategic priorities, business and technical requirements, issues and tactical problems, to develop and articulate robust and innovative security technical solutions. They present, review and modify the solution, with the internal/external client and key stakeholders. The solutions they build align with internal security, regulatory or deal requirements. Security architects help close deals with clients by demonstrating exemplary understanding of IBM's security controls and practices.
A Security Architect is a subject matter expert for security and regulatory compliance, fills a critical role in the overall success of the engagement pursuit and is the primary source of IBM Cloud security solution design and development around the world. They work in conjunction with the larger pursuit team (Sales, TSM, HR, C&N, Delivery, Pricing, Risk, etc), to deliver a winning solution, with offering management to help prioritize security gaps on the offering roadmap and with development on secure engineering principles and solution deployment within the infrastructure.
How we will help you grow
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven experience of a minimum 10 years of deep technical experience in software security and architecture
- Proficiency with at least one programming language and web application framework
- Understanding of core programming concepts and software design patterns
- Experience working with a variety APIs.Experience performing vulnerability assessments
- on source code and live web applications
- Experience performing code reviews
- Experience with compliance frameworks: PCI, ISO27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC2, etc.
- Experience building enterprise level web applications
- Experience with PHP, Python, and Go web applications
- Experience creating and utilizing SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience with QRadar, Resilient, JIRA, FireEye, IBM AppScan, Verodin, Demisto, Security Center
- Experience building automation software.
- Holds Security certifications.
- Experience in participation in security conferences.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent degree is preferred
- Soft skills - good written and verbal communication, explaining vulnerabilities, writing reports, coordinating with other teams
- Ability to work with a geographically diverse team
- Travel: ~10%
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top