Cloud Project Manager
Evaluate Cloud project requests to create cost estimates, resource plans, schedules and other project documentation. Identify and work with commercial client and IBM internal stakeholders and/or Customers. Lead matrix teams to achieve all project objectives and requirements on schedule, Service Level Agreement applicable to the projects and within budget. Identify, track and own closure of all issues and actions; escalate issues to IBM management when appropriate and necessary Identify project risk, and create and execute effective mitigation plans as necessary. Conduct project status meetings. Document and publish actions, issues, decisions and agreements from the meetings. Communicate with project stakeholders and management, including IBM executives and external clients. Track project finances and take appropriate action as required to stay within budget. Close out all associated project records. Complete close-out checklist and gain approval from PE/DPE for project completion Review and document lessons learned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience leading end to end projects
- Communication skills with High level stakeholders
- Proficient English skills
- IT Infrastructure knowledge (Basic)
- Definitions of servers, clusters, networks, firewalls, security, patching, datacenters, cloud environments, virtualization, vpn, SAN.
- Fundamentals on Operating Systems: types and interaction (Windows, Linux, Unix, AIX)
- Implementation of Applications (SAP suites and Oracle, SQL - different distributions)
- Database Management
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability
- Backup and Restore
- Change management on Projects
- System Decomission
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PMP Certification from PMI or IPMA Certification or PRINCE 2
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top