Cloud Ops - Network Administrator
FSS Cloud Operations Specialist
Ready to grow your career in the cloud? This is your chance to be part of a dynamic team of talented professionals who are supporting innovative, cloud-based cognitive analytics solutions in the new fast growing Industry Solutions Platforms division of IBM, focusing on delivery value add solutions to Financial Services Industry. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to shaping and honing our service offerings, as well as continuing to develop your technical skill set with the latest IBM technologies in terms of SaaS delivery and Cloud Operations.
The IBM Watson Financial Services Cloud Operations Specialist is a key role in the fast growing and dynamic IBM Watson Financial Services Solutions Cloud Delivery organization. This is a technical role supporting from internal infrastructure to application operations of our Analytics Solutions Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings, and involves working with customers, support, product management and development.
Primary Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responding to SaaS customer issues related to the cloud environment, and working the corresponding tickets to resolution
- Collaborating with Customer Support to resolve complex customer issues that span application and cloud infrastructure
- Provisioning and setting up new customer environments.
- Monitoring and responding to alerts that are generated on the components of our infrastructure and systems, including investigating for root cause and troubleshooting errors/issues
- Installing updates and patches as needed to ensure the health and integrity of our infrastructure and systems
- Developing and refining technical solutions to problems with provisioning, infrastructure, maintenance, and supportability
- Developing automation and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery
- Driving technical excellence and improvement across the organization, as well as across offerings
- Owning and driving the technical operations piece of initiatives and projects related to automation, improvement and integrity of systems and infrastructure.
Skills and Technologies utilized include:
- System administration, maintenance and troubleshooting on Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat and CentOS-based Operating Systems
- Linux shell scripting and PowerShell for automation
- Hypervisors and virtualized environments (Xen, VMware)
- Kubernetes and docker containers
- Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery
- Virtualized application and web servers, as well as related protocols like Hypertext Transfer
- Protocol (HTTP and HTTP Secure), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security ( TLS), and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Single sign-on solutions and the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 standard
- Active Directory and Domain Controllers is a plus
- Database administration, Storage and Capacity management is a plus
- Network skills/understanding, fundamental; skills with firewalls/load-balancing is a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills, internally and customer-facing
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Time management and prioritization
We use a follow-the-sun support model between sites in Australia, Canada, USA, Romania and India. The team will be expected to work with teams from other time zones and ensure that customer issues have continuous attention. Work hours are flexible and can vary, depending on the offering supported. At times the workload may require extra effort that involves working past the normal end-time for the day.
Participation in the maintenance activity is required of all Cloud Admins. Participation in an on-call rotation is required, which involves being available some nights and weekends to work high priority issues.
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a similar discipline is preferred.
- 3-years of experience in server or system administration
- 2-years of experience in networking and infrastructure administration
- 2-years of experience in database storage management, database scripting, database administration.
- 2-years of experience in system virtualization
- 1-year of experience in automation/scripting
- 1-year of experience in a customer facing technical support role
- 1-year of experience in a cloud solution delivery role
- English: Fluent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top