Cloud Migration Subject Matter Expert (Windows, Linux, VMWare or AIX)
IBM is at the forefront of Cloud Migration and is the leader in the Hybrid Cloud market. With virtually all clients expected to adopt some form of cloud strategy, the opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high as IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's IT needs that solve real business problems.
We are creating a Cloud Migration Factory across our Infrastructure Services portfolio to manage all our cloud and non-cloud migrations in one global team using repeatable methods, processes and tools that can be leveraged to support our clients in their transformational migration journey to the cloud. Our capabilities support the entire cloud adoption journey with an emphasis on 'Migrate to Cloud'.
This role is responsible for executing migration tasks on complex computer systems, applications and/or distributed systems in a multi vendor environment.
General job role responsibilities:
- Participate in the discovery of the IT environment.
- Provide support for the planning of migration waves.
- Perform migrations on their area of expertise.
- Participate in the troubleshooting of complex problems coming up during migration projects.
- Execute testing during all phases of the migration project with pre-defined tools & protocolls.
- Advise architecdts & project management on technical questions.
• YOUR MONEY
Attractive compensation and benefits
Recommend-a-Friend - get a bonus in the employee referral program
Contribution to pension plan
Special IBM discounts
• YOUR LIFE & HEALTH
Private Health insurance (Medicover)
Travel /Commuting support
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
Training programs - classroom based training and 5000 e-learning course
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Be able to work as part of international project teams; solid English is a must.
- Strong technical background in their area of expertise.
- Experience in enterprise IT environments.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Training / experience in cloud technology.
- Industry standard technical certifications on their area of expertise.
- Background in migration projects.
- Being able to occasionally travel to customer location accros Europe.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top