Cloud Migration SME (m/f)
IBM is at the forefront of Cloud Migration and is the leader in the Hybrid Cloud market . With virtually all clients expected to adopt some form of cloud strategy, the opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high as IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's IT needs that solve real business problems.
We are creating a Cloud Migration Factory across our Infrastructure Services portfolio to manage all our cloud and non-cloud migrations in one global team using repeatable methods, processes and tools that can be leveraged to support our clients in their transformational migration journey to the cloud. Our capabilities support the entire cloud adoption journey with an emphasis on 'Migrate to Cloud'.
Joining IBM's Cloud Migration team is an opportunity to grow your talents and challenge yourself as IBM continues to transform in the hottest industry sector today.
Provide technical leadership to the migration specialist team involved in migration execution for specific wave. Manage the application infrastructure discovery and decomposition to develop the Point of Departure documentation. Assist the Lead Architect in definition of move method and Point of Arrival documentation. Assemble and submit service catalogue requests required for migration implementation. Serve as point of contact for technical infrastructure and associated migration questions
- Act as a SME on the migration tool and techniques.
- Drive the migration tool deployment and configuration.
- Lead the technical implementation for the migration wave
- Validate target infrastructure readiness for migration
- Language Requirements: English and German fluent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good experience of working on Windows & Linux platform.
- Expert on one or more of the migrations tools like Rackware,Double-Take, AppZero , PlateSpin, Cirrus DMA, VMWare Vmotion,SRM, SVC etc.
- Subject-Matter expertise in at-least one of the following technical domains:
- Database (Oracle/SQL Server/DB2/Sybase/MySQL)
- Storage (IBM/EMC/HP/Hitachi/NetApp/Cirrus DMA /VICOM)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Scripting knowledge (Powershell/Shell-scripting/Perl etc)
- Candidate should be willing to travel to client locations as per the requirements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top