Cloud Migration Project Manager (m/f)
IBM is at the forefront of Cloud Migration and is the leader in the Hybrid Cloud market . With virtually all clients expected to adopt some form of cloud strategy, the opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high as IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's IT needs that solve real business problems.
We are creating a Cloud Migration Factory across our Infrastructure Services portfolio to manage all our cloud and non-cloud migrations in one global team using repeatable methods, processes and tools that can be leveraged to support our clients in their transformational migration journey to the cloud. Our capabilities support the entire cloud adoption journey with an emphasis on 'Migrate to Cloud'.
Joining IBM's Cloud Migration team is an opportunity to grow your talents and challenge yourself as IBM continues to transform in the hottest industry sector today.
Ideal candidate is responsible for end-to-end of the Project and accountable for 100% success of Transformation Project/program involving data center consolidation, relocation and application migrations. He/She will be responsible for an array of activities which include Initializing and planning projects, developing project cost structure, tracking & reporting project deliverables, managing risk, applying project management processes and tools and ensuring projects are completed on time, within Project Costing budgets. Should be Customer Oriented and have a Client Centric Approach to Solutions also bearing the interest of IBM. Should have executed end to end Infrastructure Transformation projects.
- The principle responsibility of this position is to ensure a successful management of Data Center /Application migration programs on budget and on time
- Ensure the migration programs are managed as per methods and processes aligned to global standards
- Should drive requirements and dependencies across multiple sub projects or peer projects
- Responsible for guaranteed end-to-end deployment lifecycle to deliver capacity consistent with the expectation of the business .
- Language requirement: English and Dutch fluent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven track record of data center transformation and migration projects
- Should have managed transformation programs in a client facing role
- Should have prior experience in functionally managing technical teams across different countries and cultures
- Ability to build process models to support key business objectives
- Deep knowledge of building high-performance, highly available, reliable, distributed software & services
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Considered an expert in gathering, analyzing, and defining business and functional requirements; creating global metrics, trend charts and other decision making tools; with designing / re-engineering processes, workflows, and technology solutions for IT operations.
- Familiarity across the full data center lifecycle from facility design and planning, to build-out, facility operations and DC migration. Proven experience with any data center infrastructure and past experience leading deployments.
- Experienced in managing the delivery of a high-availability infrastructure to support mission critical systems and services.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top