Cloud Migration Architect Role.
IBM is at the forefront of Cloud Migration and is the leader in the Hybrid Cloud market . With virtually all clients expected to adopt some form of cloud strategy, the opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high as IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's IT needs that solve real business problems.
We are creating a Cloud Migration Factory across our Infrastructure Services portfolio to manage all our cloud and non-cloud migrations in one global team using repeatable methods, processes and tools that can be leveraged to support our clients in their transformational migration journey to the cloud. Our capabilities support the entire cloud adoption journey with an emphasis on 'Migrate to Cloud'.
Joining IBM's Cloud Migration team is an opportunity to grow your talents and challenge yourself as IBM continues to transform in the hottest industry sector today.
Shared Services Migration Architect is responsible for the design of the migration target's Shared Services environment. They are also responsible for the migration strategy for each shared service. Shared Services include technology components such as, Active Directory and LDAP, DNS, NTP, Systems Management & Monitoring tools, workload scheduling, patch management, compliance checking, as examples. For Cloud migrations, consider Shared Services that will be required at each data center and cloud target, and if these will be provided by extending the service from a central location or built at each of the target sites.
- Design and build reusable solutions that can be implemented to migrate the most common shared services. Leverage available content, standards and best practices provided by delivery service lines.
- Create the design for each shared service component.
- Peer review designs and obtain TDA approval
- Engage and manage third parties to produce delegated designs
- Language requirement: English and Italian fluent.
- Large data center transformation and IT infrastructure design and architecture covering IT tools, access authentication technologies, Compute/Servers, Virtualization and Storage architectures.
- Experience in migrating systems and applications.
- Prepare Solution Design documents for chosen tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related fields such as MIS, CSC, EE.
- At least 8 years' experience in leading and developing infrastructure architecture and solutions
- At least 10-15 years' experience in Access, Distribution and Core network architectures
- Certified in one or more of the following: CCNP, CCIE, VMware NCP-NV(NSX), Cisco ACI
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experienced in cloud providers network environment and connectivity options such as IBM Softlayer, IBM Cloud Managed Services, Amazon AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- At least 5 years' experiences in design and deployment of WAN and Data Center networks. Trained and implementation experiences of SDN and Cloud Integration/ migration.
- At least 3 years' combined experiences in Software Defined Network (SDN), SD-WAN, SDDC (software defined data center).
- Certified Cisco CCIE (both written and lab)
- Certified Cisco ACI Field Engineer with implementation experiences
- Certified in VMWare NCP-NV (NSX) or equivalent.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top