Cloud Migration Architect
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services - be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are:
- As a Migration Architect you will be responsible for defining strategy, architecture and solution to migrate different types of systems, applications and data between data centers with no or very less impact to business continuity.
- Should have a proven understanding of infrastructure in a data center such as network, storage (SAN/DAS/NAuS, Cloud Storage, etc.), database, Virtualization & Cloud technologies.
- Design and build reusable solutions that can be implemented to migrate infrastructures (physical and virtual) and application within or across data centers.
- Define Discovery, planning and migration strategy and approach.
- Design Migration Facility and create migration patterns.
- Create migration Low Level Design (LLD)
- Create Work Instructions / Run Books for migration events.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven Experience in large data center transformation and IT infrastructure design and architecture covering Compute/Servers, Virtualization and Storage architectures.
- Experience in migrating systems and applications.
- Should have experience in Like-for-Like, lift and shift hardware, VM migration, transform and migrate, storage migration amounting to peta bytes of data
- Prepare Solution Design documents for chosen tools
- TOGAF certification
- Prior experience of at least 2-3 years as Enterprise IT architect, and should have involved in Application/Data center migration programs
- Proven experience of working on Windows & Linux platform.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Exposure to Migration tools like RackWare, Double-Take, AppZero, Platespin, VMWare VMotion, SRM etc.
- Scripting knowledge (Powershell/Shell-scripting/Perl etc)
- Should travel to client locations as per the requirements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top