IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. This $850 million market continues to grow yearly and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2022. ICM enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously. From a technical point of view, ICM is a single-page web application that utilizes REST APIs. The REST API is backed by databases and a distributed compute engine.
The successful candidate for this role will have the following characteristics: An experienced manager with the specific focus on leading Cloud teams. A track record of managing teams to deliver consistently against objectives, driving meaningful, predictable business outcomes. A passion for technology and software, demonstrated technical and critical thinking skills. The ability to communicate effectively, work closely with other leaders, staff and clients.
Our office building has direct underground access to the Sheppard-Yonge subway station and has easy access to Highway 401 making it appeal to commuters from all over the GTA.
Responsibilities and Projects:
• Manage all aspects of a highly technical team operating a large-scale SaaS application.
• Manage staff to achieve high availability targets while iteratively reducing uncaught exceptions, hardware failures, high resource usage and slow response time.
• Take ownership of release, security, reliability, performance, monitoring, measurement. Demonstrate vision: define roadmap, manage implementations as the technology supporting these Cloud principals evolves.
• With deep understanding of operations: tactically drive improvement of software, systems, and processes such as automating manual processes, designing new applications to improve Cloud team operational efficiency & career satisfaction.
• Mentoring team members in development lifecycle by improving their analysis, design and development skills to produce modular, clean and tested code.
• Work within an agile environment in-sync with: Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Offering Management and Support teams.
• Experience in participating in client facing activities through the lifecycle: from pre-sales to close, from implementation planning to go live, leading to long term success, retention and expansion of accounts.
• Draw from vast professional experience to find creative solutions to complex problems, manage day to day operations, anticipating and staying ahead of evolving challenges.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience building large scale web applications and deploying to production
• Experience in database administration (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PostreSQL)
• Experience working with Cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. load balancer - NetScaler, gateway appliance - Vyatta)
• Experience working with Cloud services (e.g. Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins, Artifactory)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in Softlayer or other cloud providers that provide IaaS (infrastructure as a service)
- Deployment management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Kubernetes or other container type frameworks
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top