Cloud Infrastructure Specialist
The IBM CIO is transforming how we provide IBM Internal Cloud services. The group will provide a services environment that focus on Cloud hosting services, Infrastructure Operations and DevOps . We are looking for talented Cloud Infrastructure Support specialist to form a team in Austin, Texas.
As a passionate, talented specialist, you will be an integral part of this support team that will deliver a customized experience for our end users. Customer satisfaction is your key focus and you will be a significant contributor delivering IT Support that will delight our IBM Users. As one of the first to join this exciting new team of collaborative and customer focused advisors, your goal is will be to deliver excellence in solving end user problems As a creative problem solver you take pride in the service you deliver. You can quickly determine what help a colleague needs and how best to deliver it. You'll be comfortable in technical environments and quickly be able to analyze complex multi-system issues. Sometimes you'll need to reach out to colleagues to help achieve a resolution but you'll maintain that first contact point relationship until the customer is delighted.
This role requires outstanding communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
Scope expected to support includes the following:
- Data Storage - Configure and deploy application storage, database storage, data backup, data archiving, and disaster recovery solutions
- Networking - Design and configure VPNs, CDNs, Interconnect, and DNS solutions
- Workloads - Configure, deploy and migrate Linux and Windows server workloads
- Containers - Implementation of Docker/Kubernetes platforms in the cloud
Openings are for first, second, third and rotational shifts.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 plus year working in cloud solutions
- 1 plus year experience in DB2, Middleware, security or networks
- Exposure to Linux designing solutions with multiple distros (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
- Understanding and managing of file and object storage (SAN, NAS, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Infrastructure-related certification with one of to cloud platforms
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like New Relic, CloudWatch, SCOM, etc.
- Familiarity with hybrid cloud management products and solutions
- Experience with devops and application lifecycle management
- Experience using application and network diagnostic tools to understand the existing application and network workloads within a datacenter
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top