Cloud Infrastructure Center Support
- Poughkeepsie, NY
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center Product, is an IaaS offering for LinuxONE based on OpenStack technology that enables the private cloud solutions on LinuxONE, with integration of RedHat Openshift, IBM Cloud Pak and 3rd Party Cloud solution (VMware, etc), to support IBM Hybrid cloud strategy. In this role, you will
- Provide world wide support to clients for IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center Product.
- Work with a global support team to understand, assess, troubleshoot, and resolve client situations in a timely manner.
- Collaborate across a global team to accelerate resolution of client issues.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years' working experience in Level 2 support for commercial software
- 3+ years' working experience delivering successful results in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software issues.
- Ability to communicate detailed technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ years' experience with OpenStack
- 1+ years' experience with administration and trouble shooting in a Linux environment.
- Familiar with IBM service process & tools
- Good understanding
- Cloud computing, including IAAS/PAAS platforms
- Linux on Z (s390x) technologies
- Virtualization technology including z/VM and hypervisors such as KVM, Xen , ESXi etc,
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently learn new technologies
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top