Cloud IKS Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Dublin, Ireland
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IKS Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of IKS services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. We look for engineers who are motivated to collaborate with our dev squads to build and run sustainable production systems, which can evolve and adapt to changes in our fast-paced, worldwide environment.
- Scaling and managing the cloud environment
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation
- Balance feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
- Run the Production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture
- Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Ensure systems are Secure and Compliant
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in cloud platforms
- Ability to code and primarily a software developer at heart
- Ability to write automation scripts
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Ansible or shell scripting
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design
- Experience with operating systems internals and / or networking
- Good attitude and ability to learn
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimising code, as well as automation
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Coding beyond simple scripts
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top