IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
This position is for a Cloud Engineer supporting our clients commercial cloud services infrastructure. The client is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services. Job duties include:
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Cloud Engineer technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
This position is located in Radford, VA.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience as a Cloud Engineer.
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSD Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, etc. strongly preferred.)
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects.
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired.
- Strong experience with IPSEC/VPN, and other secure transport technologies as well as BGP.
- Proven experience migrating on-premise applications to the cloud.
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies.
- DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM).
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline experience such as Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS CodeDeploy.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top