Cloud Development Engineer
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you'll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today's market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
As a Z Cloud Development engineer for ZaaS development team you will be applying design thinking and Agile methodologies to develop Cloud software and would be responsible for Design, Development of Z private cloud appliance involving software development related to Container technologies, Micro-services, App-development, Virtualization, Security, IBM Hyper Protect Virtual Servers and IBM CloudPak, OpenShift on Z.
What you will do:
As a Cloud development engineer for Z as a Service (ZaaS) Development team you will
- Responsible for Hyper Protect Virtual Server (HPVS) Product Development & innovation for the Z Private Cloud offering. Apply Design Thinking & Agile practices in product development and deliver quality products for IBM Cloud Business.
- Design, development and testing of Z Private Cloud software - esp Hyper Protect Virtual Servers, CloudPak, OpenShift on Z.
- Active open source contributions and participation and open source tools knowledge is preferred
- Experience and understanding of AWS, Azure and Redhat OpenShift products. Software development in Cloud Domain, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Docker/Container technologies, Virtualization (KVM), Linux OS Internals, Networking / Storage/ Security is preferred
- Understanding of AWS, Azure and Redhat OpenShift products.
- Work with OpenSource community and contribute towards open source development / Testing.
- Good understanding of Cloud development and automation framework, applying the skill into the product to deliver good quality product.
- To bring Z into the cloud (e.g on-premise cloud), with unique values and services that benefit from them.
• You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need, to become the expert you want to be.
• You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
• You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 to 8 years of experience of relevant industry experience, in the area of Enterprise Server, Linux application and cloud Development, Container, virtualization Management is required.
- Expertise in Linux Platform Development, Container technologies, Kubernetes, Dockers, Virtualization Management, REST API, App Dev on Cloud Platform, Catalog Services, Micro Services, DevOps (Continuous Integration)
- Proven communication skills and be able to work effectively in a global team environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Private Cloud knowledge and Cloud development experience is required.
- Demonstrated execution experience of App cloud development / container technologies.
- Proven programming skills in Python, Go Lang, NodeJS, Ansible, Scripting,
- Z Systems experience and exposure to Catalog Services, Micro Services.
- Prior experience / exposure to Storage, Networking and Security would be an added advantage.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top