- Bangalore, India
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
As part of the zSoftware development team, you would be developing industry leading integration products that are central to digital transformation for large organizations. You will be part of a cross lab development team, that is focused on creating new offerings based on client and field requirements using design thinking and agile methods. You will be working with software engineers and offering managers across the India and Hursley, UK labs. You will also have the opportunity to be advocates for large clients across the globe and help clients succeed in their digital transformation initiatives.
You will be part of the CICS portfolio team in zSoftware overall and the CICS team in India, part of India systems development lab. The India team owns distributed CICS and CICS Transaction gateway products, that are driving businesses of leading companies across the world. Being part of this team and the global development team will provide an opportunity to drive the growth of zSoftware business , hence making a lasting impact on large organizations that have a major impact on world economy.
What you will do:
- As a Cloud Developer, you will design and develop new features for CICS TX on Cloud using IBM and open source based technologies.
- You will also have a focus on CICS on containers and contribute to design and development of the overall container strategy for CICS.
- You will understand and use agile and new development techniques and develop and deliver new capabilities.
- You will define, recommend, deliver solutions or features that meet customer as well as business needs.
- You will present at conferences or work with clients to solve their problems to help them succeed in their initiatives.
- You will share and innovate new ideas and implement them in the product along with relevant documentation for the same.
- You will also deliver technical videos, blogs or other forms of write-ups that are usable by consumers of the offering.
How we'll help you grow:
- You will get an opportunity to to define, develop and deliver differentiated offerings that focus on winning in the market.
- You will work with cross-discipline IBM teams to deliver innovative offerings to clients.
- You will grow your technical and business acumen and leadership skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6 - 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Advanced Computer Programming knowledge of C & Java as well as python and other scripting.
- Experience in Cloud technology Docker containers, Kubernetes, Other cloud technologies...
- Existing mainframe - z/OS Skills or ready to learn. (In case no z/OS, then strong knowledge of Unix / Linux is required).
- Previous experience in having worked on an offering on the cloud or having designed cloud solutions for clients.
- Knowledge of open source, ability to work with open source projects.
- Software problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience in using modern development tooling and source code control management tools
- Eagerness to learn and exploit new technologies and computer languages.
- Proven communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 to 10 years of strong Java development experience in Java, J2EE etc.
- 3 to 5 years of hands on cloud technology experience. Either in development or cloud solutioning.
- Problem solving with real customer scenarios
- Prior product development experience using Java / J2EE or C, preferably on cloud, but at least in Unix / Linux.
- Experience in working with open source
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top