Cloud Automation Developer
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cloud Automation Developer - St Leonards
- Thrive in an agile environment
- Be at the forefront of change
- Utilise your subject-matter expertise
- Fixed Term Hire 24 months
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand's businesses and governments as they reinvent using cloud, AI and blockchain within a secure environment.
Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers and designers and our deep industry expertise.
We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM.
We are #anewIBM
What will I be doing:
As the Cloud Automation Developer I will work as a core member of a cloud delivery team focused on automation and orchestration development, developing fully automated and integrated IaaS and PaaS system patterns for use within a private cloud environment for an Enterprise Banking client.
Integration with service management systems and tooling, at a minimum will be required with an expectation of a broad knowledge of different operating systems and management tool sets is a minimum requirement.
My skills will include:
- Experience developing content for both private and public clouds
- Ability to solution, develop and implement integration with Business Applications via SOAP, REST API interfaces.
- Programming abilities in vRealise, Ruby, Chef, Python and O/S specific languages
- Database experience with an ability to understand and construct complex SQL queries
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, Windows grade Operating Systems
- Advanced knowledge of On-Prem, Off-Prem and Public Clouds (Solution and/or Implementation)
- Advanced scripting skills: Ruby, O/S Native Languages etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience Production Experience with cloud deployment and management tools (OpenStack, VMware, KVM etc.)
- Production Experience with Configuration Management toolset. (Chef, Ansible etc.)
My experience will include :
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Grade Data Centre Environments
- Advanced scripting skills: REST, API, Ruby, O/S Native Languages
- Advanced knowledge and experience with cloud deployment and management tools (OpenStack, VMware, KVM)
- Production Experience with Configuration Management toolset. (Chef, Ansible)
- Developing continuous integration and deployment solutions, processes and systems integrations.
- Developing infrastructure automation across all types of environments (Public, Private)
- DevOps Methodologies
- Large scale Enterprise - Cloud environments
My qualifications will include:
Bachelor's degree in Computer science / software development or equivalent.
With my dynamic personality who can adapt in this ever-changing landscape, seek continuous improvement and work in a small and highly collaborative team.
As a Thought leader willing to not only express their opinion and recommendations but own them to completion.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
As per Job Description
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
As per Job Description.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top