Cloud Automation Developer
About IBM: IBM is a global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, AI and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we build. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation. Our Culture: IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Business Unit Introduction: IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) Network Engineering team is working to transform their network services which can deliver to the demands of changing IT landscape. We are working in the areas of Hybrid Cloud connectivity, Network visibility (Monitoring, Analytics), Network service automation and network security and compliance. Our work is all about enabling IBM strategy by giving IBMers the modern network they need to do their work, be responsive to our clients, and to act with speed and agility. Our organization plays a key role in IBM's ability to turn vision into reality by making our network services simpler, more intuitive and more effective for our developers.
Who you are: As a Cloud Automation Developer, you will be working closely with business owners and data analytics team to setup and manage Kubernetes cluster and Microservices like pipelines, ES, Kibana, SDC etc. This is a very prominent role as you are responsible for ensuring there is no roadblock to the smooth functioning of Kubernetes cluster and Microservices. Should be strong in system side and well versed in agile methodologies and have demonstrated system administration support skills. You should have the ability to work cross-functionally with distributed multi-geography, ad-hoc teams.
What you'll do: As a cloud automation developer, you will have to
- Demonstrate ability to become a SME in managing and monitoring k8s clusters across multiple sites/geographies with high availability.
- Make sure all the nodes in the k8s clusters are in compliance as per ITSS security guidelines and no due vulnerabilities are present.
- Evaluate research and external technologies through rapid Proof of Concepts with partners and customers
- Ability to generate ideas for new features through innovation and market / industry expertise
- Engage in cross-company solution development task forces
- Generate reusable assets, whitepapers, articles around best practices of the k8s services
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ Years of experience on Ansible, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of multiple VLAN and multi-segment layer 3 networks, Overlay network like -flannel, calico, cilium and contiv.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, data networks (LAN/WAN) and IP tables/firewalls.
- Proficiency in Linux scripting (Shell/Python).
- Routine check-up, back-up and monitoring of the entire system.
- Planning for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises.
- Experience in various virtualization techniques.
- Basic understanding on VMware, vSphere and OpenStack.
- Self-starter, willing to learn
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top