Cloud and Integration Architect
At IBM, Technical Solution Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impact. You'll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement gathering through implementation. You'll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge. Scope
- Analyse client's application portfolio and suggest improvements.
- Gather client's requirements and design solutions.
- Consult cloud topics like adoption plans, application micro services design or DevOps.
- Be part of whole software development lifecycle alongside architects, analysts, developers, testers and project managers to deliver solutions focused on Cloud native and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI).
- Advise clients on cloud strategy, building and moving to cloud and cloud management.
- Work with both, sales and delivery teams.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Strong experience with architecture and design
- Architecture or development experience with
- at least one cloud provider (IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Cloud native solutions based on Kubernetes, Docker or Cloud Foundry
- DevOps and CI/CD.
- 5+ years of experience in application/integration architecture or development (also in leading role) in Java EE and related technologies.
- Knowledge of software delivery tools and methodologies (e.g. RUP, UML, ArchiMate).
- Very good communication skills.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge of
- some IBM middleware products (Integration Bus, MQ, BPM, WAS, API Connect, DataPower, ODM), RedHat products (REL, JBoss, OpenShift, Fuse, AMQ, etc.) or ELK stack (Beats, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana).
- security tools and pattern (OAuth, TLS, SAML, SSO, JWT, etc.)
- Deep experience in one or more of specific industries (finance, government, manufacturing, telco, etc.).
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top