Client Technical Solutioner
At IBM, Technical Solution Architects work to understand needs and then create complex high-quality solutions that make meaningful impact. You'll be responsible for overall leadership and delivery of the solutions from requirement gathering through implementation. You'll use your in-depth knowledge of leading-edge products and technologies along with industry and business skills to influence outcomes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Unix / Linux Technical Solutioner role will develop simple technical solutions for clients. They will spend the majority of their time working with senior CTSs and TSMs, with 0-20% of their time interfacing directly with clients. They are responsible for solution design and cost development in a technology specialty. They provide simple, yet high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. They incorporate knowledge of leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with industry and business results. They utilize a combination of IBM standard and custom solutions and they develop solutions and associated cost cases, all with the goal to ensure consistent delivery of high quality services and/or solutions which meet client business and technical requirements and fulfill IBM's obligations. They collaborate on innovative ideas using proven approaches to deliver a winning solution.
Skill: Apply Engagement Solution Process Knowledge
- Description: Understands specific aspects of the engagement solution process and is able to use this knowledge in helping win client engagements.
- Description: Understand the fundamentals of the client's business from the perspective of the client. Develop an understanding of their business strategies and initiatives, key business processes, and their areas of strength and weakness; their financial objectives and performance; and their market including their competitors. Develop an understanding of their business organization, culture, history and reputation. Collaboratively with the sales and solutioning teams to understand their vision and concerns in meeting the objectives. Gain agreement on solutions that can enhance their business and improve their success
- Description: Understand, develop and clearly communicate simple cost cases using the Solution Definition Manager (SDM) or other approved tools. Develop appropriate cost structures based on deal specifics to support team costing efforts effectively. Understand detailed Labor, Hardware, Software, and Services resource cost variables to input and tune them as needed. Integrate associated cost benchmark tools such as offering models, strategic tools and Framework Blue Templates to accelerate work and rationalize decisions. Analyze results and use them to communicate the specific cost actions required to close any cost gaps to win.
- Description: Apply technical knowledge to craft innovative solutions to help solve client's business problems. Determine what specific solutions, skills and capabilities IBM possesses to address client needs and their overall profitability to IBM. Compare and contrast among different technologies, including Unix, Linux, and other cloud technologies. Assess and match appropriate IBM and 3rd party technologies to fit customers' environment and business requirements. Prepare technical solution documentation outlining the impact . Support the preparation of proposals that clearly identify objectives, scope, benefits, costs, responsibilities, assumptions, deliverables, schedules and resource requirements needed to successfully respond to simple engagements. Understand and execute the engagement solution process methodology.
Additional skills include: -
Skill: Advise Cloud Brokerage Cons & Transformation Svcs
Skill: Advise Enterprise IT Trans Svcs
Skill: Advise on Cloud Builder Professional Services
Skill: Advise on Cloud Design & Implementation Consulting
Skill: Advise on IT Operations Data Analytics Services
Skill: Advise on IT Transformation Strategy & Design Svcs
Skill: Advise on Sys Trans Svcs ( custom private cloud)
Skill: Advise on Systems Trans Svcs (custom, non-cloud)
Skill: Design Application Hosting Services Solutions
Skill: Design Cloud Managed Infrastructure Svcs Solutions
Skill: Design Distributed Server Services Solutions
Skill: Design Edge Delivery Services Solutions
Skill: Design Solns using Cloud Brokerage Mgd & Ops Svcs
Skill: Design Solns using Cloud Deployment Svcs (Hybrid)
Skill: Design Solutions using Cloud Automation Services
Skill: Design Solutions using Data Analytics Svcs for IT
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
At least 3 years' experience administering Unix / Linux.
- Basic knowledge of solutioning
- Technical knowledge to craft innovative solutions to help solve client's business problems
- Skills in Kubernetes, Containers and Open Source cloud software
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English language.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Understand, develop and clearly communicate simple cost cases
• Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
• Advanced solutioning
• Financial background on technical solutions
• AWS or Azure certified
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top