Client Technical Leader - Government
Your Role and Responsibilities
For over 100 years IBM has set the pace for innovation and we aren't stopping now. With over 430,000 employees in almost 200 countries we're always on the lookout for new people to join in our mission to build a smarter planet.
IBM's Global Markets unit leads in the creation, development and distribution of the industry's most advanced information technologies. At Global Markets, we offer solutions to a global network of consumers across a diverse range of markets ranging from Mining, Industrial, financial services, telecommunications and media to government and public agencies.
The Client Technical Leader is a technical leadership position. CTL should own and drive the technical strategy and need to establish relationships with CIO/CTO for assigned clients. Within IBM, CTL needs to bring together the IBM technical community aligned to set of clients as the technical community leader.
Key responsibilities of a CTL:
- Provide proactive technical counsel to key IT executives on technical strategy, direction and projects
- Improve and broaden client's access to IBM's global technical and innovation expertise
- Increase the value that clients derive from application of new and existing technologies and accelerate innovation
- Understand client's legacy environments and have demonstrated the skill of transforming legacy into a new, target environment
- Work with client Line of Business executives and their teams to identify client's business and IT needs and design high level solutions to fit business problems
- Responsible for a wide range of architectural activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification.
- CTL should understand the technology trends and how they can help assigned clients and leverage IBM research and development groups to bring innovation to assigned clients.
- Leads negotiations with engagement partners and team members (vendors, subcontractors, customers, IBMers) to define project goals and strategies for attaining them.
- Anticipates potential problems associated with the solution being developed. Develops & leads execution of the technical risk management plan for the solution to be implemented.
- Assesses business and technical impact of solutions. Leads the implementation of solution or provides expert guidance to the solution implementation team.
- Participates in exploratory activities into new market sectors, architectural solutions, technologies and the use of business partners; leads selection of methodologies, tools and components of total architectural solutions; exhibits strategic vision of functional or unit mission and applies vision in engagements; influences people & organisations, including client and IBM executive management, on issues related to the development of architectural solutions.
- Lead and manage responding to Tenders, Request of Information etc
- Work closely with Sales team on current, short term and long-term opportunities
- Skills Required:
- Minimum 10 years experience in a technical job role.
- Minimum 5 years Technical architect skills including expertise in applying tools and methods.
- Knowledge in any of the evolving technologies (Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Security) mandatory.
- Knowledge (certification preferred) in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (Togaf, Zachman etc)
- Deep knowledge of how solutions portfolios fit into client's overall enterprise architecture.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Public Sector
- IBM has always been committed first and foremost to its people. We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so in order to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people from different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So, come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry -and our planet.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- English: Fluent
- Arabic: preferred
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Stated in JD
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top