Client Technical Architect - Banking
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
Role and responsibilities includes :
Provide proactive technical counsel to key IT executives on technical strategy, direction and projects
• Improve and broaden client's access to IBM's global technical and innovation expertise
• Increase the value that clients derive from application of new and existing technologies and accelerate innovation
• Understand client's legacy environments and have demonstrated the skill of transforming legacy into a new, target environment
• Work with client Line of Business executives and their teams to identify client's business and IT needs and design high level solutions to fit business problems
• Responsible for a wide range of architectural activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification.
• Participates in exploratory activities into new market sectors, architectural solutions, technologies and the use of business partners; leads selection of methodologies, tools and components of total architectural solutions; exhibits strategic vision of functional or unit mission and applies vision in engagements; influences people & organisations, including client and IBM executive management, on issues related to the development of architectural solutions.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Minimum 10 years experience in a technical job role.
• Minimum 5 years Technical architect skills including expertise in applying tools and methods.
• Knowledge in any of the evolving technologies (Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Security) mandatory.
• Knowledge (certification preferred) in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (Togaf, Zachman etc)
• Deep knowledge of how solutions portfolios fit into client's overall enterprise architecture.
• Minimum 5 years experience in Banking.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top