Client Success Manager
- Beijing, China
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of assigned IBM Clinical Development clients and ensuring these SaaS customers are successful in utilization of the platform; resulting in customer satisfaction, retention, growth, and reference-ability.
Serving as the primary point of contact and escalation point, they will:
• Have demonstrated product knowledge, domain expertise, oral and written communication, project management, client management, and time management skills.
• Be a creative problem solver
• Be effective in teaming with a broad range of colleagues across IBM.
• Provide sales enablement support and promote ongoing business development opportunities
• Manage client enhancement requests
• Measure and ensure client satisfaction and adoption
• Support client satisfaction, success, retention, and renewal
• Manage the change in scope process from initiation to closure
Additional functions include:
• Serving as a mentor to less experienced members of the team
• Taking ownership of projects outside of assigned account tasks
• Act as an escalation point for unassigned accounts
• Following through on identified revenue opportunities for unassigned accounts
• Apply subject matter expertise in a variety of ways related to marketing content, business development tools, and product improvement
• Other duties, as assigned
• Consumption / Product Use
• Client Satisfaction
Best Practices and Customer Health - monitor the health of assigned accounts and drive a set of actions to help ensure client usage growth.
• Monitor customer usage, feature adoption, and overall health
• Understand customer business strategy and business case, and drive alignment between customer objectives and IBM capabilities
• Develop a "success plan", a plan of action to help ensure customer success and consumption growth
• Make proactive recommendations on leveraging IBM solutions by maintaining a high level of industry and product expertise to demonstrate the IBM Clinical
Development value proposition.
Relationship Management - build and sustain relationships with stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
• Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts
• Communicate status at various levels inside client and at IBM
• Monitor customer satisfaction and drive references
• Act as an extension of the client organization within IBM for all activities and escalations and coordinating all resources necessary to resolve issues and promote success.
• Work with Sales and Services to understand client expectations and to successfully transition into the client success model
• Identify opportunities for paid services and solution expansion by acting as an advocate for IBM within the client organization.
• Drive action plans around accounts that are at risk of non-renewal
• Support business development as a consultative subject matter expert, identifying client business objectives, explaining best practices, documenting and demonstrating product capabilities and use cases.
• Endorse customer support acting as a point of escalation.
Product Enhancements and Feedback: Educate clients on the offering strategy and roadmap
• Ensure that assigned clients leverage new features as appropriate
• Ensure clients are aware of any changes to offering related processes and procedures including operational and business management changes
• Solicit client feedback on product features and capabilities
• Provide input to Development and Product Management regarding offering strengths and weaknesses
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Personal interest in giving clients a satisfying and successful experience; enjoy working with people, with natural and effective communication and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated ability to aggressively solve problems and champion client success
• Analytical skills, methodical and detail-oriented planner and problem-solver; ability to identify root causes
• Strong, influential written and verbal communication skills, with some technical writing experience.
• Reliable, dependable, and ability to keep a consistent schedule
• Solid understanding of the clinical trial industry, clinical research, and/or healthcare background
• Proactive, with excellent prioritization and task management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Entrepreneurial attitude, taking great pride in bringing positive change to an organization
• Ability to successfully work with various departments and levels of any organization
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• IBM Clinical Development or other database certification a plus
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Understanding of Chinese regulations regarding clinical trial data
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top