Client Center Industry Solution Architect
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
About IBM For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators . And we have never stopped. We power the most meaningful industries on the planet-from the biggest banks to telecom to scientific research.
The future isn't just about modernization - it is about re-thinking business models to build new approaches that are open, intelligent and agile. More and more clients are engaging IBM on their journey to the cloud, and deploying IBM Cloud, Watson AI, analytics, blockchain, IoT and security solutions.
At IBM you will experience a culture of openness, of continuous learning and a commitment to improvement. Careers are made from experiences - and we promise you experiences that will diverse, unlimited and far-reaching.
Join us to help craft superior customer experiences by helping organizations deploy a robust digital agenda.
Do your best work ever. Business Unit Introduction IBM Sales & Distribution develops, integrates, sells and distributes IBM's unparalleled array of products and services. IBM offers its products through its global organizations. Consistent with IBM's focus on business values, the company's global team of account representatives combines a deep understanding of each client's organizational and industry specific needs with comprehensive knowledge of the products, technologies and services offered by IBM and its network of business partners IBM Client Center The IBM India Client Center is a state of the art facility, designed to provide an engaging client experience that enables IBM to showcase various IBM products, services and solutions to prospective and existing clients, and partners, from various industries and verticals.
It serves as a microcosm of the larger IBM where our clients get an opportunity to discover and experience the latest creative & Art of the possible solutions across multiple industries. Center Motto Make the Client Experience more immersive, innovative, and transformative by way of "tell, show, feel and do".
Our consultants work with client representatives to plan and schedule tailored briefings and design client experiences by industry, theme or sector towards creating a personalized content by way of "tell, show, feel and do" for each visit. Who you are
- Reside in Client Center Organization focus on repeatable Technology and Industry Solution.
- Work with Industry Solution Sales, GISC, client LOB executives and their teams to identify business need for IBM technology and industry solutions (OI).
- Self learner with a passion to quickly adapt as per IBM's transformation and technology focus for the year and design solution that factor these technologies which makes sense for IBM and our clients.
- Creative thinker who can take any business problem and quickly come up with a way to sketch out architecture diagrams using IBM and open source technologies.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the briefing consultant to ensure engagement content meets clients'needs and expectation with the right assets and demos supporting the agenda /briefing.
- Craft and design IBM repeatable solution asset to fit demonstrate IBM's ability to solve a specific business problem.
- Collaborate with the technical architects across other centers and industry labs team to get new demo assets .Work closely with local brand teams.
- Conduct technology Sessions / workshops on Focus area (Cloud, Blockchain etc)
- Work on PoCs for clients and Co dev with partners.
- Has technical skills and experience in solutions that support the key focus areas for the center and provide technical expertise for the Client engagements.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Broad knowledge of how solutions portfolios fits into client's overall enterprise architecture and how the client can obtain value (including ROI)
- Good grasp on newest technologies - Iot, Cloud , AI .
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to differentiate IBM solution against competitive solutions and articulate the IBM value to client teams and clients.
- Software application development expertise -Ability to understand client POC requirements, come up with end to end software architecture solutions and code/develop them on IBM & open source technologies and deliver the POC to client teams
- Effectively navigate, negotiate and leverage IBM's broad technical community within the context of the industry solutions and industry solutions applicable to that client.
- Industry knowledge (Banking, Insurance, Industrial) including the technologies and standards in use.
Skills on existing Industry solutions, frameworks, offerings, capabilities and competitive positioning.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Use Technology and Industry Solution to drive high WinRates.
- Implement/Create three or more Technology or Industry Solution with client engagements each year.
- Proof Asset Utilization with Client Pipeline, Win Revenue Obtain and publish client references Harvest, Develop solution design/demo/storyboard assets for re-use Based on client input, provide feedback to development.
- Establish an external technical presence and digital presence to promote IBM solutions Co-Develop new solutions with partners, GTM with partner to craft provide new OI.
- Software programming expertise in languages like C, C++, Python, MySQL, and other open source technologies like Kubernetes, Helm etc.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top