Chief Platform Architect
The Chief Platform Architect ensures that IBM's AI data platform is performant and scalable to support an enterprise-wide governed data lake providing AI and analytics services on the cloud. Working closely with developers and cross-functional IBM teams that use the platform, the Chief Platform Architect must motivate, collaborate and communicate successfully.
Successful candidates bring a strong software and data engineering background with significant experience with big data technologies and data warehouses in reputed companies.
The ideal candidate brings significant experience with much of the following or equivalent:
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of application or platform architecture experience with deep technology expertise
- Extensive experience on architecture design and development of scalable platforms and applications
- Capability to architect highly-scalable distributed systems using open source tools and big data technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in data with deep understanding of data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistics, data mining, machine learning and operational excellence in production systems
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in one or more of the following areas: application architecture, solutions architecture, software systems architecture and data architecture
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with big data and cloud computing technologies including Spark, Hadoop, BigSQL, ElasticSearch, Hive, etc.
- Strong service development experience using microservices with high performance and scalability
- Experienced in distributed application performance engineering, mobile application development, database design, middleware and information security engineering
- Successful track record of leading architecture work for large-scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization
- Demonstrated expertise in leveraging Agile, DevOps and other development methodologies
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation and interaction skills, including the ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management
- Experienced and comfortable in leading teams of highly technical people
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a top institution required; PhD in Computer Science highly desirable
10+ years of experience, at least 5 years in an architect position, required
Experience managing and leading teams across geographies, required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strategic thinker / architect with proven ability to build and manage scalable big data systems
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top