Charted Accountant - Indirect Tax
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
Culture IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Business Unit Introduction: IBM is the world's largest technology and consulting company with IBM Global Business Services (GBS) a partner of unmatched breadth and depth, across a spectrum of business operations. We understand that real business value is delivered by enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology. As a consultant at IBM, you will have the rare opportunity to bring these elements together, improving the value we bring our clients. With operations in 170 countries, you'll make a direct impact by solving complex business issues for leading clients. You will be chipping in by doing significant work across multiple industries and sectors, as well as governments and agencies, to make a real difference
Who you are: This position is responsible for helping IBM design and develop analytics solutions for Indian clients. You will be expected to provide Indirect Taxation domain expertise to engagements. You will facilitate engagement between the client and IBM delivery teams.
What you'll do:
- Define system requirements for indirect taxation domain engagements especially around GST and Customs
- Run meetings and workshops to facilitate requirements gathering.
- Provide domain support to client engagement
- Facilitate user testing
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses ought to become the guide you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from guide developers.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to resolve out what really excites you.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Overall work experience of 4 to 8 years in the area of indirect taxation - GST and Customs
- 3-5 years in a technology firm in a software or product development role.
- Knowledge of different aspects of the Indian indirect taxation domain including key business drivers, current trends, regulatory environment, key innovations etc.
- Exposure and knowledge of cognitive or analytics technology in GST/Customs domain for fraud & risk management or policy development
- Knowledge of GST returns, online filling requirements
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams
- Objective and goal-orientation is the key
- You will work on large and complex engagements that demonstrate cognitive technology to change the landscape of the taxation domain
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top