As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The consultant will assist our clients in the deployment or upgrading of SAP solutions by supporting project teams and clients in aligning business needs with SAP module and solution functions. They will participate actively in project phases.
Main role and responsibilities :
- Help the client define their needs and direct them to the corresponding modules and functionalities.
- Direct, plan and lead the tasks related to holding change management committees.
- Prevent change collisions for a client, infrastructure or series of components in order to minimize downtime. In this context:
- Perform the necessary research during complex situations.
- Advise management on the priority of changes to make sure deadlines are met.
- Get involved with project managers and improvement and maintenance teams in the event of a conflict to ensure the smooth implementation of changes in accordance with the guidelines established by the company.
- Ensure regular monitoring and control of activities required for changes so that changes are made under optimal conditions for success.
- Produce the annual change implementation schedule.
- Participate in the proper functioning and evolution of the change management process and tools in accordance with the ITIL philosophy using SAP Solution Manager.
- Ensure solution development is in line with the client's functional requirements.
- Perform the configuration of modules according to the client's business requirements.
- Provide technical and functional support during the deployment phases.
- Maintain technical documentation and transfer knowledge related to their responsibilities.
- Act as a consultant in their area of expertise and represent their unit in decision-making contexts.
- Provide an overwatch role in order to understand and anticipate trends in their area of expertise, and make appropriate recommendations in terms of developing best practices for the company.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Education: Bachelor's degree or DCS in a related field
- Experience: Experience: 5 to 10+ years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of business processes
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with SAP
- Knowledge of the integration points and linkages with the FI/CO, MM, PP and PS modules
- Familiarity with SAP ChaRM and Solution Manager as well as Configuration and Logistic Execution
- Very good interpersonal communication and user support management skills
- Strong analytical, incident resolution, and problem solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Good negotiating skills
- Results-oriented approach and ability to meet service level agreements
- French and English
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top