C# Xamarin Developer - Engineering Department
Who We Are:
We think bigger than an agency and more creatively than a consultancy with the power to integrate the whole system. We are a next generation services team dedicated to creating transformative ideas that get our clients to the future first.
As a contributor to the team, you'll share knowledge and collaborate with your team to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects. You'll apply User Experience, Design Thinking, Information Architecture methods to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape; while evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of existing/proposed solutions. It is expected that you will work with a senior team member to establish priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks.
What You Will Do:
As Frontend Developer you are working independently in an agile team, on international projects. You'll be working asides UX designers, industry consultants and fellow developers on mobile and web-based applications. You'll use future proof solutions, provide creative input towards the team and foster the transformation of IBM from within.
Some things that are pretty important to us:
- Xamarin - We want you to be a great C# developer, but you should have a good understanding of mobile development and best practices as well.
- Ability to break down requirements into small releases and increments of work to allow for iterative development.
- Translate ideas and business requirements or high-fidelity designs into quality code given a common UI toolkit and at times a simple wireframe.
- Exposure and interest in full stack development, think "T-shaped" developer.
- You take a product-first approach to building software where you care about the user experience and real-world functionality of your programming.
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team in a self-directed way with strong communication skills. Flexibility, teamwork, empathy, a sense of humor and courage to challenge the status quo are must haves in this environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in developing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge around automated testing
- A good understanding of mobile development
- Development experience using an agile methodology such as Kanban, lean, scrum, ...
- Fluent in Dutch and French language
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Optional: Swift experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top