Business Transformation Consultant - SG Consulting By Degrees Program
I BM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
Our Consulting arm, Global Business Services (GBS), has a number of exciting graduate openings for 2018 on the Consulting by Degree Program:
1) Digital Experience Designers and Developers
We think bigger than an agency, with the power to integrate the whole system. We are IBM Interactive Experience. We need talented and motivated designers and developers to join an era of design-led innovation at one of the largest software companies in the world.
- Deliver digital solutions: the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages, emails, and mobile experiences.
- Integrate your code with other technologies (Web Services, client back-end systems, content management systems, etc.)
- Optimise performance of applications.
- Apply IBM Design Thinking and methods to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape.
- Design validation sessions and playbacks
- Create prototypes to test hypothesis and iterate to develop the exploration of a concept.
- Work across offerings in Digital commerce, mobile and web app development, digital marketing and content management, Salesforce, UX / UI design and experience led Design Thinking
Preferred areas of study / experience: Communication Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Computer Science/ Software Engineering
2) Business Consultant
We are seeking motivated graduates who can listen to customers, help define a cognitive vision and roadmap, and participate in the implementation of the solutions.
- Participate in Design Thinking workshops with clients, and be able to accurately document outcomes (including compelling visual diagrams and infographics)
- Engage with subject matter experts to translate customers' problems and pain points in to a high level future state vision
- Work within a team environment to develop innovative solutions
- Leverage IBM Watson cognitive capabilities
Preferred areas of study / experience: Business and Economics, and students from other faculties who can demonstrate their drive and passion to help customers realise the benefits of implementing cognitive solutions, are encouraged to apply.
3) Technical Consultant
Our services collaborate with the world's leading software vendors to provide comprehensive business solutions.
- Advise clients on the shift to cloud, including building cloud native applications, migrating to the cloud and adopting cloud platforms.
- Build Cloud Native applications using design thinking and agile approaches on a devops enabled platform such as Bluemix.
- Work with other parts of our business to migrate clients to the cloud.
Preferred areas of study / experience: Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science
Our GBS graduates are part of the 2-year Consulting by Degrees program; IBM's global graduate leadership and development program designed for graduates who are passionate about building a career in consulting. You will be given the opportunity to experience different clients and job roles within GBS throughout your 2-year program.
We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so in order to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people from different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry - and our planet.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3.5 GPA or 2nd upper equivalent
- Required: Bachelor Degree;
- Preferred: Master Degree;
- A strong interest to join an Entry Level/ Graduate Consulting Program
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top