Business Development Executive (Strategic Services Accounts)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development Executive is responsible for development and assessment of services led business opportunities, including strategic outsourcing & Managed services. He/she should have an understanding of altering enterprise demand in the services market i.e. Change from Traditional outsourcing to Managed Hybrid cloud IT with specific emphasis on "Digital transformation". The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations which leads to being viewed as a "trusted advisor."
The BDE is expected to use the full capabilities of IBM Corporation to create, articulate, and sell an innovative and compelling buying vision and value proposition so that executives clearly realize the financial benefits and transformational value to their business offered by a relationship with IBM.
What we're looking for a candidate:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience of selling/leading complex and large deals
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the business development process within the services portfolio of offerings, along with demonstrating strong financial, business, and industry insights and consultative selling skills that can be applied to opportunities across the business unit. Demonstrates high proficiency levels for industry, business and consultative selling skills.
- Masters and applies expert knowledge of client's strategy, business priorities and initiatives to develop compelling and innovative buying visions, from IBM's broad solution portfolio, that will resonate with senior client executives to attain business unit, country/area or international objectives.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of key competitors' and potential partners' offerings, strategies, and plans. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and evaluates potential partnership alliances to create customer preference for IBM offerings and enhance quality of each business development opportunity.
- Collaborates and negotiates with team members and other IBM resources to define approaches and strategies to meet customer requirements and develops win / win solutions to specific tactical project problems and issues. Effectively collaborates and negotiates with multiple levels of client executive management.
- Mentors others and engages in teamwork at the highest management levels of IBM, client and other business partners as needed to attain personal, team and IBM business objectives.
Plans and engages in substantive dialogues and very complex negotiations between IBM management, client management and other parties which meet business requirements and often result in long-term agreements and commitments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Candidate has experience to sell large business contract (Deal Maker) with minimum USD 10 million.
- Industry domain background: Banking & Financial Services, Industrial & Distribution & Telecommunications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that experience dealing with (CXO) level clients to understand their challenges and provide IBM solutions to the client.
- Candidate has strong Cloud Platform & Services background
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Fueled by cognitive technologies, more than 150 SaaS offerings, and real-time insights, the Global Markets team delivers embedded expertise to help our clients make better decisions and deliver innovation as they engage with their customers, partners and suppliers. Join us to continue to drive innovation with the most comprehensive portfolio for enterprises across industries.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top