Business Development Executive, Financial Services Sector
IBM is on the forefront of Digital Reinvention™. With virtually all clients looking to either define their strategy or execute on it, opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high. IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's needs that solve real business problems. IBM is making a difference in the world by enabling clients to tap into knowledge and insight not available before. Joining IBM's leadership is an awesome opportunity to grow your talents and challenge yourself as IBM continues to transform in the hottest industry today.
We are now looking for the next great Business Development Executive! Are YOU the one?
As a Senior Business Development Executive (BDE) - Financial Services Sector, you will be responsible for the identification, qualification and progression of new IBM services opportunities across the Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance (Life/Annuity, P&C) domains. You should have deep industry expertise and/or strong technology based expertise in service delivery methodologies, techniques and approaches.
We expect you to have experience across consulting services for pre-sales / sales or Delivery. Having experience across traditional and newer "as a service" models is also critical for this role. You will work closely with our clients and in cooperation with other IBM sellers and business partners. You should have experience in consultative selling, building client relationships, leading sales efforts, leading meetings and delivering presentations. You must be able to "whiteboard" and consult with a client to determine areas of opportunity across our portfolio of services.
Business Development Executives are expected to perform a variety of tasks, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Role responsibilities include:
- Establish client credibility via deep industry, technology and consulting expertise;
- Deep appreciation of high level industry business and technical architectures;
- Identify trends and business opportunities by researching industry related events and publications, social networking, and other sources;
- Work with client to co-create new business models and IT value;
- Generate client value proposition, gain client consensus and drive opportunities;
- Lead and / or participate in client-facing sales meetings and own the sales responsibilities through the sales cycle;
- Provide subject-matter-expertise related to our IBM services offerings;
- Develop and deliver client facing sales presentations at the C-suite and Executive Suite (VP above) level;
- Develop and maintain a qualified long term sales pipeline.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years' experience in delivery lead or technical lead position in delivery contracts, preferably turn-key responsibility and fixed price contracts;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in delivering Agile, DevOps, and other application development methodologies and services;
- Minimum 5 years' experience selling consulting services across a range of domains including, but not limited to cognitive/analytics, blockchain, Testing, Agile/DevOps, Application modernization / microservices, Cloud Migration, Digital transformation;
- Minimum 5 years of expertise in consulting services offerings across multiple service providers e.g. IBM, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Consultative Selling;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Business Development;
- Minimum 7 years expertise in creating solutions in one or more of the following industries: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top