Business Controls Professional
Objective of the job:
Be a trusted business advisor to the Europe and MEA IGF team with a focus on the early detection and effective management of risk areas enabling management to maintain a satisfactory control posture.
- Lead complex IGF projects as assigned during the year
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc proactive reviews individually or in conjunction with other IGF BC team members
- Lead the quarterly management self assessment (MSA) cycle for the respective market(s)
- Perform or assist with PwC related requests, such as walk-throughs
- Work with line management and process owners to identify and mitigate control risks and continuously improve the control posture of IBM Global Financing.
- Team with Internal Audit, Risk Management and Trust and Compliance to proactively consider IGF's changing global foot print to assess new emerging risks and the adequacy of controls.
- Emphasize IGF Business Controls role as a partner to advise and enable the business while improving the control posture.
- Overall control point management for assigned IGF Countries Defect management / facilitation (follow-ups for closure, reporting, data quality, etc).
- Change management / facilitation (control point / owner changes, etc).
- Quarterly analysis (defects / trends / under testing, etc).
- Communications (quarterly / monthly, ad hoc reporting as needed.)
- Corporate Business Controls (CBC) directed analyses, as needed - (e.g., coordinate fraud,/ classification reviews, etc.).
- Create input / charts for roll up into Quarterly Certification of Management (QCM)
- Provide training and education to IGF population
- Develop and lead BC bench creation program and shadowing sessions
- Share best practices and lessons learned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Possess broad knowledge related to business processes, and understand/apply corporate policies, practices and procedures in relation to controls. Knowledge of controls programs. Understand and makes effective use of all workstation-based tools that are available.
Communication/Negotiation: Strong communication and negotiation skills for regular interaction with peers, customers and management. Write reports and deliver presentations. Effectively utilize group dynamics in consolidating work of others and negotiating solutions.
Problem Solving: Provide leadership in using data analysis tools and techniques to minimize manual efforts. Interpret and evaluate control review results and advise senior controls staff and/or management on control issues. Quantify materiality of issues and offer recommendations / solutions . Possess advanced team / project management capabilities.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top