Business Automation Workflow – Software Development Manager
Are you ready to learn exciting new technologies, help shape the way organizations automate their digital business on the cloud, and enjoy a lively, collaborative team environment? If you answered yes, then we may have the right opportunity for you!
IBM is empowering organizations to reinvent themselves and change the way they run their business, by applying automation to achieve digital transformation and to scale their business operations to become more flexible and competitive. Incorporating a host of tools, from machine learning to robotic process automation, the integrated IBM® Automation Platform for Digital Business is designed to improve employee productivity, deliver better end-to-end customer journeys while reducing the burden of governing your content and processes.
Join the Business Automation Workflow team for the chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as your career, with one of the world's largest software-makers. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market.
This role is responsible for the successful delivery of our Business Automation Workflow offerings to our customers. This is a key leadership role as this person will hire and develop the team, put effective development processes in place and choose the right tools to support the delivery of new offerings to our customers and markets. The Development Manager will lead a team of technical leads, developers, and testers. The role requires involvement across the full product development lifecycle from requirements specification, design, delivery, test, documentation, release management to support and maintenance.
As an IBM Software Development Manager, you'll be responsible for ensuring that our software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of large, complex product development projects as well as short term customer issues and escalations.
- Managing, motivating and coaching team members.
- Producing (or guiding others to produce) development plans, including high level estimates, resourcing requirements, risk and issue logs.
- Working with team of architects and developers to finalize the technical design of key initiatives.
- Coordinating with Offering Managers, Architects and other functional leads to investigate issues and deliver solutions.
- Defining the team structure and hiring and growing the team.
- Implementing and coaching others on good development practice - including agile - and influencing the wider team.
- Suggesting and driving through process and product innovations.
- Reporting on status on a variety of levels for a variety of audiences.
- Influencing, agreeing and documenting goals for the development team
If you are passionate about software development and quality in addition to the opportunity to be part of a team that is developing next generation digital business automation software, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience in managing complex software development projects
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Level of professionalism when working collaboratively across functional areas
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top