Business Application Monitoring Specialist
Entering the digital era, this company plays a key role for introducing and deploying new technologies that will support its business, improve customer experience and ensure highest security standards.
In order to take up these challenges in Asia,this company is forming a team dedicated to increase the Quality of Service and its availability for the business. This regional team, half way between infrastructure and application sides, will have an essential role in the Digital Transformation journey.
Its role will be to define, build and follow the day to day application monitoring and to maintain the quality of service of the critical business processes such as "create new clients" or "validate a contract".
A key member of this QoS team is the Application Monitoring Specialist who will take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve application performance efficiency. By assessing and diagnosing application day to day problems, will be directly implicated in incident, problem and request management. His strong technical background will be more than requisite to define and choose the technical strategy.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Estimates the risks and escalates to the right support level
- Directly participate in the creation of a QoS Competency center and on the onboarding of new people.
- Work closely with the Application teams and propose relevant technical solutions in accordance with its IT strategy (eg: monitoring tools, process adaptation).
- Manage technical actions (tools configuration, troubleshooting diagnostic ...) or work with the support of other SMEs from technical domains (Distributed, Network, Workplace)
- Work with Business Developers and Senior staff for continuous improvement and enhance the application Time to Market & QoS
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in a system operation, application support, application development or consulting role, with a focus on system & application performance monitoring.
- Solid Linux system administration skills; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) level Linux skills or better, although certifications are not required.
- Extensive technical experience with middleware and JAVA based application development.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, logging & monitoring systems (eg Splunk, LogStash, ElasticSearch, ...).
- Leads investigations to resolve problems quickly. Formalizes problems and escalates to the right level of support or development team when need be.
- First successful experience on application performances monitoring (Dynatrace or related) is important.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Use to work in complex organization and in Agile delivery methodology (eg Jira, ...).
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving skills.
- Able to work closely with the business and to assume big challenges and pressure.
- Reliable and Committed. Demonstrate best qualities and ability to learn quickly.
- Innovative / Proactive. Able to juggle multiple requests and priorities with minimal supervision as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong technical expertise, in particular on APM solutions (minimum 2 years of working experience in related areas).
- Good communication skills in English, written and oral.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top