Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The analyst interacts and works across various CIO cross tribe/squad members and stakeholders to address end user client issues, documents requirements and plays a role in removing blockers for successful deployment and on-going utilization of IBM applications. He/she acts as an escalation support, iteration manager and drives issue resolution and champions process improvements to enhance the overall end user experience. Responsibilities include the following:
- engaging relevant delivery squads to assist in problem identification and resolution
- raising requests in tools such as Jira, ClearQuest, Notes and managing the E2E flow process to ensure seamless closure of reported issues and/or queries
- provide end-user/client perspectives on recent development/new feature enhancements
- create and maintain processes related to DSW and the support functions
- provide support post-implementation for customers and internal IBM'ers
- Provide off hour coverage at critical times including quarter-end and month end
- support the on-going enhancement and/or new IBM offering from DSW.
- lead ad hoc projects as needed to drive continuous improvements to end user experience
- opportunity to apply business analytical skills to refine and streamline metrics reporting
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of agile concepts and methods
- Self-directed and passionate about helping others. -Experience as Iteration Manager
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in Testing with db2/sql
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top