Business Analyst Could Services
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Business Analyst is responsible for providing proactive, focused attention to assigned accounts to help them get maximum value from their DBA Cloud solutions. Key metrics Business Analyst is accountable for are:
- Support and advise IBM field teams in opportunity development
- Timely customer on-boarding to the cloud solution
- Incident coordination and management
- Relationship management
- Client satisfaction
The Business Analyst achieves these objectives by providing the following services to his/her assigned customers:
- Best Practices and Customer Health - monitor the health of assigned accounts and drive a set of actions to help ensure client success
- Advise on solution capabilities and effective adoption
- Monitor customer usage, adoption, and overall satisfaction
- Understand customer solution objectives and drive alignment between customer objectives and IBM capabilities
- Develop a "success plan", a plan of action to help ensure customer success and ROI
- Make proactive recommendations on leveraging IBM solutions
- Relationship Management - build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
- Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts early in the sales cycle
- Manage client expectations around solutions
- Communicate status at key stakeholders inside client and at IBM
- Monitor customer satisfaction and drive references
- Facilitate two-way communication to address customer needs
- Serve as an escalation outlet and ensure critical client issues are addressed by the appropriate IBM teams
- Coordinate client activities throughout their life cycle closely with services, support, education/training, and Dev/Operations
- Client Retention and Growth - partner with Sales and Services to help ensure retention and growth of assigned clients
- Work with Sales and Services to understand client expectations and to successfully transition into the client success model
- Identify opportunities for paid services and solution expansion
- Drive action plans around accounts that are at risk of non-renewal
- BA or equivalent preferably in Business, Communications, or technical field.
- A passion for customer service and relationship building. Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 - 7 years experience in customer service, consulting, marketing, and/or sales. Experience commensurate with size and complexity of assigned client(s).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 8 - 10 years experience in customer service, consulting, marketing, and/or sales. Experience commensurate with size and complexity of assigned client(s).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top