Business Analyst: Cognitive Computing
This role provides ownership and oversight of all process development, improvement, and implementation of Software Process Improvement (SPI) based on the CMM framework. A key responsibility of this group is to monitor process metrics in order to identify either problem areas or identify opportunities for process improvement. They are responsible for staffing the SEPG team and providing direction in applying the Process Change Method (PCM) for the account and in training the delivery team. They train the delivery team, begins the implementation, acts as process owner for changes and updates, and plans and leads the IBM tasks of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) CMM-based assessment. They also engage ADE to perform an effectiveness study when funded and appropriate.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Understanding and documenting business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions.
- Partnering with business users to fully surface their requirements; conducting interviews with key project stakeholders and document and presenting the results.
- Assisting business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; help manage expectations of users and management.May act as a project manager on some, small size, projects.
- Defining use cases to articulate new functional software needs and the roles of each class of application user.
- Analyzing the impact of change requests.
- Supporting traceability from requirements through to QA; assisting in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases.
- Assisting in the definition of roll out, training and user support plans.
- Creating and/or reviewing manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Leads process redesign workshops
- Participate in business process management group efforts to collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes owned by the group.
- Educates business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitors, measures and provides feedback on process performance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's degree in business or computer science.
1- 2 years experience in business analysis and complex business projects, preferably in the banking sector.
Experience with working with clients and stakeholders within the business.
Greek and English fluent.
Understanding of BPM and process modelling tools.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience working in global delivery environment. 14.
Experience with agile software development methodologies will be an asset.
Msc degree in computer science or relevant field will be appreciated
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top