IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
As a Business Analyst-Technical Requirements at IBM, you'll team with some of the best minds in the industry to create innovative high quality solutions focused on clients' business needs. You'll do this using your knowledge and expertise to design and model processes, develop solutions, and integrate them with applications.
Analyzes and documents business requirements utilizing process models, use cases, etc. to translate business requirements into system requirements in a legacy/ mainframe environment that could include COBOL, CICS, IMS, MVS, PL1, SQL, TSO/ISPF, VM.
To deliver business results this specialization has the following responsibilities:
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying the current- and future-state business processes.
- Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Problem Solving
- Incident Management
- ITIL (preferred not necessary),
- Customer Service experience desired
- Very strong written & communication skills
- Prior ticket management experience desired.
- Understanding of Business models (capability/ service, Process models).
- Hands on Expertise in Blueworks Live.
- Retail Banking experience.
- Should have worked on channels
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in Business Analyst Technical Requirements
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years experience in Business Analyst Technical Requirements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top