Brokerage Service Manager
- At least 3 Years of IT Service Management Experience including Incident, Problem and Chanage Management
- Optimize the availability of IT infrastructure, systems, and services to meet the commitments IBM has made to it's clients in a cost-effective manner.
- Lead Release Deployment Management & Availability Management activities
- Manager release deployment process for Brokerage suite of applications
- Assuring that services and components are designed and delivered to meet their availability targets.
- Reasonable Technical skillset to understand the architecture and deep knowledge of customer environment.
- Provide a holistic view of the customer's environment and make recommendations to improve overall service.
- Promote monitoring systems to enable speedy detection and remediation of potential and actual IT failures
- Proactively identify cost-effective availability improvements within an availability plan
- Influence the design of services and components to align with business needs
- Initiate infrastructure changes to promote better system availability.
- Use information about problems and incidents to analyze availability challenges and eliminate chronic issues.
- Ensuring that all the existing services deliver the levels of availability agreed upon with the business in SLAs
- Working with Architects and ensuring all the new services are designed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business and validation of the final design meet the minimum levels of availability for IT services as agreed upon by the business
- Assist in investigation & diagnosis of all the Major Incidents & associated Problems that may cause availability issues or unavailability of the services or components.
- Monitoring of actual IT Availability achieved against SLA targets and to provide a range of IT Availability reporting to ensure that agreed upon levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Proactively improving the availability wherever possible and optimizing the availability of the IT Infrastructure to delivery cost effective improvements that deliver tangible benefits to the business
- Creating, maintaining and regularly reviewing a forward-looking Availability Plan and Service Level reporting
- Assessing critical changes for their impact on all aspect of Availability
- Join weekly Account team meetings where DPE, SILs and others are invited to review past trends on availability and review future design of any new upcoming systems from availability standpoint
- Participate in IBM & Client Meetings where Service Levels discussions are performed impacting systems availability.
- Review & Manage Risk which has the potential to impact the Service Availability & SLAs
- Collaborate with DPE, SIL & CA to look for ways to improve Service Availability through innovation and automation. Help account to reduce to cost on high availability of systems
- Responsible that Contract System / Service Availability SLAs are met / exceeded.
- Responsible to apply, manage, maintain Availability Management Process and related exceptions (if any) on a given account or set of accounts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advise on ITIL (Infrastructure Library) Svc Mgr
- Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Analyze System Availability
- Analyze Technical Problems & Solutions
- Apply Knowledge of GSAR
- Apply Quality Concepts
- Manage Product Release deployment
- Manage Change with Technical Impact
- Manage Major Incidents
- Perform Availability Assessment
- Perform Conflict & Problem Resolution
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- ITIL Advance Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top