Brand Experience & Design Manager and Site Leader
Discover what you can do at IBM.
Do you enjoy helping others develop their brand experience and design skills and understand the advantages of a team environment and what it takes to thrive in one? Then you may be perfect for our management job. We're looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our company and to lead the design team to greater heights. You'll supervise a large team of employees and contractors who are working with our internal clients. Demonstrated success in a design role is important, but what's paramount for us right now is that you understand what makes team members tick and what motivates them to grow and excel. We'd love to hear from candidates who have experienced success in inspiring a team, driving employee engagement and have made their employees' roles into something of a calling for them.
- Oversee quality of design:
- Distinguishing good design from bad, careless from well-conceived and crafted
- Creating experiences agnostic of medium: digital, experiential and physical
- Problem solving and idea generation, effectively visualizing and realizing concepts end-to-end
- Investigating and innovating new trends creatively with an emphasis on brand experience and design
- Able to manage both full-time employees and contractors
- Communicate expectations, assignments and responsibilities clearly and professionally
- Ability to develop, implement and assess performance metrics
- Capability to manage multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Being passionate and positive. You yourself are part of the brand we are building
- Drive culture and employee engagement for extended team on-site
This role is located in IBM offices in New York City, New York.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12+ years of experience with an emphasis on process and systems design execution
- 4+ years experience managing people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player that is easy to communicate and work with
- Creative mindset
- Client-first attitude
- Proven record of boosting team performance and employee retention rates
- Manage vendor relationships
- BFA or MFA in Design, Practitioner, Design Professional
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Professional and capable of working under pressure
- A positive, can-do attitude with teammates and clients alike
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top