BR - Hybrid Cloud Data and AI Platform Seller
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join the industry-leading hybrid multi-cloud Data and AI platform team. We are looking for an experienced sales expert with solution technical skills to join our Cloud Pak for Data System LA leadership team. This global customer-facing role is focused on program execution to help drive revenue for our fast growing Cloud Pak for Data portfolio. We help accelerate our clients journey to AI-powered modernization with this innovative data and AI multi-cloud platform. Cloud Pak for Data System simplifies deployment and management with a hyper-converged architecture delivering the IBM Cloud Pak for Data platform in a pre-built private cloud for analytics including software and hardware.
The role is results-driven and performance is measured with individual targets.
What will you be doing?
• You will create and manage programs for sales execution worldwide by running sales plays, present at client events and use data to track sales performance
• You will actively work opportunities for ICP for Data System working with and coaching the market IBM sales teams and BPs
• You'll have the chance to enable and motivate sellers to understand and articulate the value of our ICP for Data System solutions.
• Provide strategic directions to clients on operationalizing their AI and infusing machine learning in their business
• Enable and support the growing Business Partner ecosystem.
• Actively demonstrate our solutions and business value for our clients
• Customer satisfaction assistance (on-site/off-site visits, web conferences, phone calls).
• Attending and feeding back into stakeholder review meetings with the product teams.
• Use innovative ways to identify and progress opportunities and demonstrate client value - discovery methodologies, Meetups, and whiteboard presentations.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience with customers in sales
• Self-starter who learns new technologies quickly, and has strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work with customers, build relationships, show the value IBM can bring using technical arguments, diplomacy and by applying market and use case expertise. Stay engaged and supportive though to the completion of the sales process and focus on client success.
• Strong strategy and vision skills on cloud transformation and AI.
• Knowledge of data management and advanced analytics is required.
• Strong understanding of Kubernetes and OpenShift, micro-services architecture benefits and open source technologies
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral are essential.
• Strong presentation skills required
• Ability to run discovery meetings with clients to identify use cases, business problems and prioritize initiatives
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• International experience working with clients in LA and working with diverse cultures is a big plus
• Data science, machine learning and open source analytics technology ecosystem understanding
• Team leadership and people management skills and experience, leading in matrix organization
• Sales quota carrying or technical sales background
• Experience leading sales cycles for data science, machine learning, database, data warehouse, big data, integration and governance, BI, MDM, data privacy, or other analytics technologies.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top