Blockchain Strategy Consultant - Melbourne
Blockchain Strategy Consultant
- Work with the Leader in Blockchain
- Thrive in a Agile environment
- Permanent opportunity
Are you interested in helping companies reinvent themselves, their industries, and the ecosystems in which they operate?
Do you want to leverage your business acumen and understanding of cutting edge blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to define visions, strategies and roadmaps for how their businesses can remain competitive and grow?
Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset?
IBM is developing a world-class Blockchain Services practice and we are hiring the best talent in the industry.
We are the world's largest consulting services organization. We offer consulting services across multiple industries and cover the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation and operation of technical and commercial solutions.
Seeking a Blockchain Strategy Consultant to join an innovative and growing team in Australia and New Zealand - a team that is helping businesses realise the potential of blockchain technology.
We ask bold questions and help our clients think differently. We develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized.
As a Blockchain Strategy Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and leading development of new business opportunities.
- Generating repeat sales at assigned clients and supporting sales efforts of the practice.
- Delivering subject matter expertise across selected industries.
- Building industry and region-specific IBM viewpoints and offerings for blockchain.
- Creating awareness in the market and delivering IBM's POV on Blockchain in our key accounts.
- Becoming a trusted blockchain advisor for clients building new visions and business models.
- Developing and delivering business strategy and implementation roadmaps.
- Managing client relationships.
- Conceptualizing and developing relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC) and pilots.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams of talented consultants, business analysts and technical practitioners to successful delivery of complex blockchain technology applications.
- Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities.
- Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value.
- Promoting IBM's unique value proposition in the market.
- Strong consultant with industry eminence who can lead business transformations through a technology such as blockchain.
- Extensive business process re-engineering experience.
- Must be effective in handling the multiple client conversations required to build blockchain networks.
- Proven business analysis experience within an IT environment.
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with end users, and participate in technical planning.
- Experience of working on technology-led business transformation projects.
- Experience or knowledge of blockchain, Distributed Ledger Technology, and smart contracts.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Possess strong communications and facilitation skills.
- A technology and developer background is an advantage.
- Versed in agile methodologies and tools.
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, networking, communication and organization competencies.
- Willing to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we have kicked off an internal talent strategy program. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this unique opportunity.
Click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top