Blockchain Garage – Technical Solution Architect
IBM Blockchain, a new business unit and part of the Industry Platforms team, is driving digital transformation across businesses! This is an opportunity to join the Blockchain Garage services team and make a big impact in both IBM and the IT industry!
The candidate will be a solution driven, results focused, and a structured/systematic problem solver. The candidate will be well versed in architecture best practices, multiple development methodologies and tools. The candidate will also help build service offerings, assets, collateral for reuse to improve efficiencies in building and delivery solution architectures. The candidate will frequently deal with newer technologies, methods, and solution paradigms.
Key Responsibilities: You will help develop innovative solutions with clients in a variety of industries, such as Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, and Transportation. This role will involve significant client interactions (remote and client facing) while working in small multidisciplinary teams of developers, architects, designers, and industry experts that collaborate together in short sprints and iterative cycles. You will also participate in IBM Bluemix Garage for Blockchain design workshops with clients.
The role requires effective communications to the client and across internal teams, generating high quality technical artifacts and documentation to support architecture and solution designs, with the ability to articulate and convey concepts and details to all levels of recipients. The role must have the ability to work easily with diverse and driven teams and to work in a matrix management model. Successful candidates will have excellent communication and articulation skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience, demonstrating progressive leadership of projects. Strong communication skills is a must.
- At least 2 years of experience in external client-facing projects.
- At least 1 year of experience with Ubuntu, Docker, and using a vagrant environment. Must be comfortable using Github
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Node.js. Experience with UI frameworks like Express framework a plus.
- Experience using IBM Blockchain, Hyperledger, or Ethereum highly desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of IBM Middleware portfolio preferred due to breadth of customer environments this technology brings.
- At least 1 year of experience using the IBM Bluemix platform desirable, but not required.
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints is useful.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top