Blockchain Garage Architect (Thailand)
Blockchain has the potential to reimagine existing business networks, create new business models and unlock business value across industries. Join the Blockchain Garage team in the IBM Cloud unit and become part of the team of Blockchain talents who are helping clients realize the potential of the technology.
You will be the IBMer responsible for taking customer investments in the technology from first presentation, through their first project and helping them make a board level demonstration. You will develop innovative solutions with customers in industries as diverse as Finance, Public Sector, Retail and Travel and Transport using technology which is brand new and a scarce commodity.
You will lead the design and development of solutions on top of the IBM Blockchain platform and the Linux Foundation's Hyperledger Project. You will use your talents in software development, application architecture, cloud design and deployment. You will be working in small multi-disciplinary teams of business consultants, user experience designers, developers and other experts to develop Blockchain based solutions for clients in short sprints and iterative cycles.
You will assess the opportunities and examine the impact of Blockchain technology to existing business processes, markets and systems and work with clients to develop a roadmap for adoption. You will utilize the IBM Cloud Garage method which combines design thinking, agile development, and Lean Startup to build software which explores a "first blockchain network". The quality needs to be good enough to be presented as part of a board level demonstration.
How we'll help you grow:
There is a land grab for these Blockchain skills in the IT industry. You will have unique access to the growing IBM team of technology pioneers who are building a new market for IBM and a unique value proposition for the IT industry.
You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team love to mentor and share knowledge
You have the opportunity to work in many different industries and use cases to figure out what really excites you.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar Technical subject
- Successful individual is someone who is looking to build on a successful track record in customer facing software architecture and cloud based software development skills.
- Node,js experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will already have some self-taught experience of using Hyperledger or Ethereum which means they will have a working knowledge of Ubuntu and be comfortable using github.
- He or she will have a working knowledge of Docker and of using the vagrant environment.
- This person will have developed code for several years using Agile methodologies and will have proven experience as a scrum master and as a sprint member.
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints is required. IBM Middleware product background preferred due to breadth of customer environments this brings.
- A passion for cloud lifecycle software development.
- Time management and Organizational skills to ensure the team achieve objective
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See the JD
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience of developing applications using the IBM Cloud platform is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading an On-prem or off-prem code development on cloud platforms is an advantage.
- Some html, front end development would be an advantage.
- Extreme programming techniques would be an advantage
- 25% travel because we operate as a global team.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top