Biometrics Technical Project Manager
- Herndon, VA
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting opportunity, you will support the our Client's Biometrics Program.
- You will have extensive experience managing large scale technical implementation projects
- You will have experience developing integrated project plans, business cases, inclusive of the development and quantification of courses of action, evaluation criteria, scoring methods, lifecycle cost analysis, and performance of Analysis of Alternatives
- You will have experience developing risk plans, mitigation strategies, stakeholder registers, project schedules, and for large projects or programs
- Experience leading large teams that include a mix of different vendors, with both direct and in-direct reports
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of managing large-scale technical implementation projects
- 4+ years of experience in developing integrated project plans, business cases, inclusive of the development and quantification of courses of action, evaluation criteria, scoring methods, lifecycle cost analysis, and performance of Analysis of Alternatives
- 6+ years of experience with developing risk plans, mitigation strategies, stakeholder registers, project schedules, and for large projects or programs
- 6+ years of experience leading large teams that include a mix of different vendors, with both direct and in-direct reports
- Knowledge of biometric principles and concepts
- Ability to track multiple component projects and requirements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience implementing biometric technology to large and diverse enterprises, inclusive of how different types of systems and capabilities are rolled out
- Certifications in both Waterfall project management (e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP)) and Agile project management (e.g., IC Agile Certified Professional (ICP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM)) highly preferred
- IEEE Certified Biometrics Professional certification highly preferred
- Proven experience in biometric stakeholder engagement
- 3+ years of demonstrated knowledge of biometric strategy highly preferred
- Experience with development of biometric systems or platform environments, including activity and service models and security and performance architectures
Ability to learn and apply new concepts, including a history of self-teaching and learning through doing.
Knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top