Big Data Engineer
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ever wondered how to answer the question: Why should I join IBM?
- Company exists for more than 100 years; there must be lots of innovation inside to keep up and running for so long.
- We do things that change the world: we develop airport flight management systems, we fight with cancer, we develop super computers, 30% of every produced mobile phone is related to IBM.
- We are a Blockchain and AI developing company.
- We embrace the latest technologies and methods of work to stay ahead of the market. If technology is missing, we do invent it!
- We are a trusted partner for a number of the biggest companies; we partner with companies in top 500.
- We are interested to develop our people.
- IBM is a global, multi-cultural, multi-country, multi-language company. This is a great place to meet people, to get to know countries, ways of doing business, to travel.
- In IBM you can become whatever you want: developer, consultant, manager, scientist, sales person.
- We all have the same rules despite title.
About IBM Lithuania:
IBM Client Innovation Center Baltic was established in 2006 and is located in Lithuania. CIC Baltic delivers Cognitive and Analytics innovations, Enterprise Applications consulting and large scale Integrated Custom Development Solutions.
Currently IBM CIC Baltic is hiring Experienced Big Data Engineers. In this role you will work on designing and developing challenging solutions that automate various aspects of data acquisition, ingestion, storage, access and transformation of data.
- To be part of international projects based on your experience, career goals and personal aspirations.
- Dynamic work in projects for customers from Fortune 500 companies list.
- Premium, full life-cycle work experience on high-profile IT solutions with direct impact on people and businesses.
- Possibilities to apply the latest methodologies and technology in your daily work.
- Personalized professional growth, mentoring, training and clear career progression.
- Flexible work & life balance.
- Remote work opportunities.
- Travelling around the globe to meet different cultures and work environments.
- Compensation according to the market top rates.
- Private health insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Education in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in NoSQL, RDBMS Databases and Big Data technologies.
- Background that includes IT infrastructure, engineering, business intelligence and advanced analytics development.
- Experience building complex distributed batch and real-time systems.
- Agile mindset.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Programming - Python, Java, Spark, Scala or equivalent
- Unix experience
- Data Migration experience
- Data Modelling experience
- Impala and/or Hive experience
- Data Warehousing experience
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top