Benefits Specialist - Absence Programs for UK and Germany
The role primarily involves responsibility for aspects of the delivery of designated Benefits Absence Programs for IBM UK., and providing backup support to the Benefits Absence Programs for IBM Germany and relevant subsidiaries.
The Benefits Specialist will be part of a remote team with other Benefits Specialists supporting different regions across the world, and liaises with Benefits Leaders as appropriate for their region.
The Specialist reports to the Europe Benefits Leader for Absence Programs for all work direction, and will be locally managed in the Budapest ISSC by the Car Fleet and Comp & Ben Manager. Occasional travel to other sites within Budapest may be required.
Both countries responsibilities:
- Manage and co-ordinate any audit and review activities within scope
- Update, review and approve all process documentation and program/policy
- Coordination of new Programs in cooperation with country HR, Legal, Benefits Lead
- Gathering approvals for any exceptions for programs in scope
- Monthly Leave Of Absence / Sabbatical tracker for all upcoming end of leave dates
- P rovide support on Non-Core Letters, and respond to employee questions & provide guidance on all related programs.
- Gathering approvals from different lines for Leave and Sabbatical programs
- Manage and maintain regular interphases with Special team, and act as Focal Point for them.
- Collaboration with Global IBMer Assignment Team India, and act as Focal Point for them
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: fluent
- German: fluent
- Understanding of IBM business.
- Awareness of business controls and audit requirements.
- Organizational skills.
- Good communication skills - oral & written.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build sufficient networks.
- Flexibility in dealing with others in order to achieve win-win solutions.
- Good time management with ability to prioritize effectively and to work under own initiative.
- A commitment to customer service.
- The ability to challenge self to improve work outcomes.
- Ability to liaise with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Numeracy skills (including use of spread sheets and databases).
- Good reporting skills and knowledge of excel
- Operational IT skills (e.g. Intranet, e-mail).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top