IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The ideal candidate for the Backup/Storage Specialist will be solely in charge of the backup infrastructure backing up 3 separate environments with about 70-100 TB backed up daily. The backup infrastructure backs up 16 7-mode NetApp filers and a 4 node CDOT cluster via NDMP totaling about 1 PB of total storage. The backup environment consists of over 5000 tapes, Brocade switches, Quantum Scalar i500 tape libraries, LTO3/5/6 tape drives, NetBackup 7.6 and NetBackup 7.7 servers, and Quantum Encryption Key Management servers. The candidate will be acting as a secondary to the primary storage infrastructure providing support for the NetApp storage environment runs CIFS, iSCSI, and FC. The candidate will support all administrative and maintenance tasks such as provisioning, capacity planning, share migrations, vulnerability fixes, hardware fixes, ONTAP upgrades, handling outages, and NetApp filer configurations.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of direct experience with the NetBackup product as a Backup Administrator.
- 2+ years of experience administering a NetApp Filer environment
- 2+ years of experience working with LTO tapes
- 2+ years of experience administering Tape Libraries and encryption systems
- Active DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 1+ years of experience with AWS Storage Gateway
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud ONTAP
- 1+ years of experience with the NetApp ONTAP product suite, performance advisor, Virtual Storage Console.
- 1+ years of experience with VMWare
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top