Back-End Software Developer
IBM Hybrid Cloud is seeking a highly motivated individual passionate about software development and keeping track of cutting edge technologies, emerging software frameworks and development tools. The successful candidate will be joining a first-class software engineering development team to design, code, test and deliver software supporting and enhancing one of IBM's most successful enterprise-level cloud solutions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of sophisticated software systems front end and backend with a focus on Java development.
- Participate in software design and code reviews. Reviews include other Software Engineers and are held to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
- Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Source Code Management (git), and GitHub
- Participate in the planning, creation and execution of automated test cases and load/performance testing
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Work as an Agile scrum team member.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Full-cycle (Agile) software development - Analysis, design, feature execution, automation, support
- At least 2 years experience working on project that involves backend development using languages such as Java or Typescript for node applications.
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills
- Good collaboration and communications - working with diverse global teams
- Strong teaming skills and leadership potential
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem- solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Cloud-first product development experience
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) products or concepts
- Back-end service development technologies:
- NodeJs applications (Typescript)
- APIs: Restful APIs, Swagger
- Java web application development
- Docker, NoSQL databases
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top